3/8" Pipe Plain End PVC Schedule 40
- Applications include transfer lines, plant service water, utility piping and potable water lines
- Material conforms to ASTM D- 1784
- Type 1, Grade 1, White PVC
- Meets or exceeds, ASTM D-2466 for socket-type PVC fittings
- Use with schedule 40 PVC pipe or IPS-sized class (SDR) pipe (Pressure-rated) systems
- Pressure rating of fittings is not the same as the pipe.
- IPS-sized (inches) 1/4-24"
- Schedule 40 pipe is not suitable for threading or grooving
- Pipe sizes 1/4" and 3/8" are grey in color; all other pipe is normally white
- Available in larger sizes on request
- Consult your sales person for size and pressure recommendation
Schedule 40 PVC corrosion resistant pressure pipe, IPS sizes 1/8-24, is ideal for use in applications with temperatures up to and including 140 degrees F. Pressure rating (120 psi to 230 psi) varies with pipe size and temperature. It is generally resistant to most acids, bases, salts, aliphatic solutions, oxidants, and halogens. Chemical resistance data is available and should be referenced for proper material. Schedule 40 PVC pipe exhibits excellent physical properties and flammability characteristics. Typical applications include: chemical processing, plating, high-purity applications, potable water systems, water and wastewater treatment, irrigation and agriculture along with many other industrial applications involving corrosive fluid transfer. Schedule 40 pipe is not recommended for threading or grooving. If threading is required for the application, solvent-cemented male or female adapters should be utilized. If grooving is required, solvent-cemented grooved adapters are available in limited sizes.Do not test or use PVC piping for air or compressed gasses. Care should be taken to avoid ketones, chlorinated hydrocarbon, and aromatic solvents.